Understanding Microaggresssions for the Army Leader
This Listen2Lead features a NPR podcast on microaggressions. This document contains the materials and guidance needed to conduct a 60-minute Leader Professional Development (LPD) session – with a focus on preparing Army leaders to understand and deal with bias in their units.
- A link to the NPR podcast episode “Microaggressions are a Big Deal”
- The following articles:
What are Microaggressions?
When and How to Respond to Microaggressions
You’ve Been Called Out for a Microaggression what do you do?
This guide, which provides suggested discussion questions and timeline.
This case can be used to assist in generating discussion on the following topics
- Discuss what microaggressions are.
- Understand how microaggressions impact teams and organizations.
- Explain why leaders should possess knowledge of microaggressions.
- Recommend ways leaders can effectively deal with microaggressions in their formations.
- The case should also be used to create action items to improve your organization tangibly.
Request this Listen2Lead