EP020: Tips for Solving OPORD Dilemma
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode we explore the tactical level of leadership by discussing the art and science of writing Platoon level Operations Orders with 1LT Luke Hutchison, a current Platoon Leader with the 4th Infantry Division. We discuss the different “styles” of OPORDs Luke presents in his article as well as the danger of solely relying on CONOPs. Additionally, we discuss the value of detailed planning and developing agile and adaptive leaders that can adjust as conditions change.
- Field Manual FM 6-22 Army Leader Development
- Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail: When CONOPs Replace OPORD by Thomas Dougherty
- Solving the OPORD Dilemma, How to Speak Doctrinally Without Putting Yours Soldiers to Sleep by Luke Hutchison
- Episode 17 Leaders Huddle Podcast with SFC Harlan Kefalas
- Defense Entrepreneurs Forum
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher, Bruce Patton, William Ury
Visit Leaders Huddle on the Junior Officer site at https://juniorofficer.army.mil/leaders-huddle
Please subscribe, rate, and leave a comment about Leaders Huddle on iTunes. Leaders Huddle is also on the Google Play podcast platform.
Host: CPT Micah Klein
Guest: 1LT Luke Hutchison
Editors: CPT Micah Klein and CPT David Weart