Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today on the Leaders Huddle we talk to CPT Tiara Walz, a medical services officer and graduate of the Army-Baylor program about the importance of having emotionally intelligent leaders that lead their formations according to the principles of emotional intelligence. Tiara talks about the trust that is created from leading your formation in a way that capitalizes on the principles of emotional intelligence and the distinction between being emotionally intelligent and avoiding the “touchy-feely” concerns that can result from such a leadership philosophy. We’ll also examine how junior officers can use emotional intelligence to relate to today’s generation of Soldiers.
- Emotional Intelligence for Military Leaders by Gerald F. Sewell
- Emotional Intelligence: Why it Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Emotional Intelligence: A Practical Guide by David Walton
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry
- Using the MBTI To Form Teams
Other Recommended Sources:
Visit Leaders Huddle on the Junior Officer site at https://juniorofficer.army.mil/leaders-huddle
Please subscribe, rate, and leave a comment about Leaders Huddle on iTunes. Leaders Huddle is also on the Google Play podcast platform.
Host: CPT Micah Klein
Guest: CPT Tiara Walz
Editor: CPT Micah Klein