Speech That Empowers: How to Encourage Growth and Resilience in a Younger Audience
This Listen2lead uses an episode from Think Fast, Talk Smart: Communication Techniques. “Speech That Empowers: How to Encourage Growth and Resilience in a Younger Audience” is an episode that discusses how to communicate with young people, so they feel empowered to take on the various (and often intimidating) duties of increased responsibilities. This guide helps lead a discussion about times of pivotal transitions in life. Participants in this discussion will leave with a better understanding of how effective communication can help cultivate a safe environment for team members to continue their personal development.
- Think Fast, Talk Smart’s episode “Speech That Empowers: How to Encourage Growth and Resilience in a Younger Audience”.
- CJO’s supplemental article “How to Lead Millennials” (found here).
- Suggested – The book Your Turn: How to Be an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims.
- A Leader Guide that provides suggested discussion questions and timeline.
This case can be used to assist in generating discussion on the following topics
- Establishing a healthy distance of emotion between you and your team members as you help them progress through their careers.
- Creating an environment where team members can practice effective communication.