Creativity in the Army
This Watch2Lead uses a video lecture from Max Brookes (the author of The Harlem Hellfighters and the New York Times bestselling book and feature-length film with Brad Pitt World War Z) as the primary mechanism to generate discussion about creativity in the U.S. Army.
- A video by Max Brooks, courtesy of Modern War Institute (MWI)
- Links to four articles discussion creativity and creative leaders.
- This guide, which provides suggested discussion questions and timeline.
- Discuss what creativity is and what it looks like in the Army.
- Discuss the relationship between creativity and innovation.
- Explain why creativity is important in the Army.
- Critique existing systems and processes that may inhibit creativity in the Army.
- Recommend ways leaders can encourage creativity in their organizations.